Finished A2 Poster!

Screen Shot 2016-01-12 at 21.53.53

So here it is, my final poster design. I am very happy with the way it has turned out, it has developed a lot from my initial ideas. I think that it is quite a simplistic design yet it works well and gives across the data well, there isn’t anything I think I would change if I had to re-do the poster.

Task 4 – Kinetic Typography

Kinetic Typography

Our last task was to create a kinetic typography video for a song or speech or anything like that using Adobe After Effects. Kinetic typography is a way of presenting text in a way that moves around, making it a lot more interesting to watch.

A good example that I like is the lyric video for the song ‘Heart On Fire’ by Clean Bandit.

Below are a bunch of screenshots of the process I went through to create my Kinetic Typography. Firstly I created a background that I wanted to put all the text that would show up on. The song I am using is ‘We Don’t Need Money To Have A Good Time’ by The Subways, which I have a band t shirt of which is red so that influenced me to use a red background.

Screen Shot 2014-10-28 at 15.16.20

The next step was to add all the words that I wanted to show up, I chose the main lyrics from the chorus as can be seen below.

Screen Shot 2014-10-28 at 15.20.18i

After that I had to set out the words how I wanted them to end up at the end as it is much easier to work backwards with the motion to the words than just adding the words in as you go.

Screen Shot 2014-10-28 at 15.30.07

I then started adding movement to the different words now that I knew how they would end up. As the word ‘we’ was sideways I decided to make it swivel in so it would move into place and I also made the word ‘don’t’ fly in at the same time.

Screen Shot 2014-10-28 at 16.06.33

After that I added in the next two words, I changed the word ‘money’ to black to make it stand out more as it was right in the middle of all the text and it was the word that stood out the most in the sentence.

Screen Shot 2014-10-28 at 16.06.34

I added in the words ‘to’, ‘have’ and ‘a’ in next. I made the two words smaller to add more variety to the kinetic typography and I made them swing down right after one another.

Screen Shot 2014-10-28 at 16.06.35

Then I added in the final words to get the same layout as I first started with.

Screen Shot 2014-10-28 at 16.06.36

Finally I had the blank background for the start of the kinetic typography before all the words would come on. I also synced the words with the music so that it fit.

Screen Shot 2014-10-28 at 16.06.55

Task 1 – Alphabet Photography

Examples of Alphabet Photography

The brief suggested that we look at other examples of alphabet photography to help with inspiration for our own photos and so that we could see what kind of things we would need to be taking pictures of.

Alphabet Photography Example

The site that was included on the brief was (http://www.alphabetphotography.co.uk/) which has a range of photos for each letter of the alphabet. I typed in ‘Alphabet’ to see what kind of pictures would come up to help me with inspiration for my own photos.

Our Alphabet Photography

For our first project we were tasked with creating an A – Z alphabet using 26 pictures of ‘naturally occurring shapes’ to create each of the individual letters. As this was our first task we did not need to use certain cameras like DSLRs so instead we went into town with an iPad to take all the different pictures on. We were allowed to work in groups for this task so me and Hallam decided to work together. The brief also stated that it would be good if we had a recurring theme for all of our different letters of the alphabet so we decided to try to stick to a ‘Construction’ theme. Below are the results of this

Alphabet

I am happy with the outcome of the alphabet as I think we managed to find most of the letters with minimal trouble, with exception to letters such as K, P, Q and R which had a mixture of curves and lines that were fairly difficult to find out on the streets in town. I also think that we managed to stick to the theme of ‘Construction’ well as all of the pictures are construction based.

'Jack'

'Caldon'

Another thing I decided to do was to try to create my name with the letters to see how it looked. I think that it works really well for my name as a lot of the pictures we got for the letters, like the C, D, J, K and O all are quite different colours and shapes so it makes it look unique and quite interesting.

Overall I think that me and Hallam worked very well together and managed to get a lot of different and interesting pictures for our alphabet and managed to stick to our theme well. Furthermore I think that when combined all together to show all 26 letters and when set out to spell my name it looked really good.